8/12/2013

Reading the ABCs

     Today Cait is hosting the linkup at our group blog, The Book Chewers. Like most slightly nerdy and bookish people, I enjoy making lists. And I enjoy alphabetizing things. So without further ado, the linkup button and prompt.



Prompt: Have you read a book starting with every. single. letter from the alphabet?! Make a list of books you've read, from A to Z! (Bonus points to those who've read those tricky letters, like X and Z.) Also, you can bypass "the" or "a" in titles, if you need to.

A- Agatha Christie and the Eleven Missing Days by Jared Cade
B- Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys
C- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
D- Davita's Harp by Chaim Potok
E- Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
F- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
G- The Giver by Lois Lowry
H- Heist Society by Ally Carter
I- Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
J- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
K- Keeping Corner by Kashmira Sheth
L- Letters from the Earth by Mark Twain
M- Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
N- N or M? by Agatha Christie
O- Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt
P- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
Q- The Quest for Anastasia by John Klier
R- Reckless by Cornelia Funke
S- Sunrise Over Fallujah by Walter Dean Myers
T- Thank You, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse
U- Up A Road Slowly by Irene Hunt
V- Villette by Charlotte Bronte
W- Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
X- ???
Y- Yellow Star by Jennifer Roy
Z- Zoo Vet by David Taylor


     How about you? Think you've read your whole way through the alphabet? Have you read any of these books? If you'd like to make your own list, linkup HERE

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a cool idea! But I don't think I've ever read a book that starts with x either. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah ... I was looking at books that start with X, just out of curiosity. They all look kinda intense and not-my-type.

      Delete
  2. Well, you definitely beat me. ;) But that's okay. I'll let you (this time).

    I love lists. They're just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some classics there, awesome! :) And oh. We've got the same book under "R".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard choosing which books to put on the list. I mean, for the letter Q I only had one option. But I had many choices for some of the other letters. I'd be curious to see how far I would get if I limited myself to only one genre or type of book. I'd get the farthest with children's books (because I read even more as a child than I do now), but Classics would likely come after that. Although Historical Fiction could be a competitor...

      Delete
    2. Perhaps you should do another list! Like a sister-post!

      Delete
  4. 'Fahrenheit 451' is one of my favorite books ever.

    ReplyDelete