7/24/2013

Tagged

     I generally ignore tags. But they're good for blogging slumps, so I've decided that a tag would be most appropriate in light of my recent . . . er . . . slumpish-ness. Thanks to Cassie for tagging me, and to those who also tagged me! Okay. Formalities out of the way. Let us proceed.

1. What's the best prank you've ever pulled? 
I told my little brother that our dog could lay eggs. I also told him that you could determine the gender of the subsequent offspring based on the color of the eggs. Pink ones were girls, blue ones were boys. He asked Mom what the green eggs were, and that was the end of that.

2. What do you like most about blogging? 
Blogging really works for me as a creative outlet, so that's why I actually do it. But when I first started out, I didn't realize that I would meet so many different people and have the opportunity to build incredible friendships. That's been a great surprise.

3. A book that made you think for days:
Good question. When someone mentions "thinking" books, Chaim Potok's books always come to mind, and so does To Kill a Mockingbird. Most recently though, The Year of Magical Thinking had me mulling over family, relationships and grief. Steal Like an Artist was another thinking book that I read this year. It's just a simple, lighthearted book about creativity. But it sparked a lot of thoughts about the creative process, and led me to read more about creativity, which was great.
 
4. Do you like to keep things messy, or clean? 
I'm not sure it's a matter of preference or ability. I would like it if my room was always clean, and I'm capable of being very organized. But in actuality, my room is usually messy.

5. If you had an infinite amount of money, what would be the first thing you'd buy? 
This is going to sound pretty shallow, but I'd buy half a dozen t-shirts from Out of Print. I'd also buy a really great pair of brown leather combat/ankle boots. And then I'd spend all day at Barnes & Noble. After that, I'd start to plan things out and consider much more serious matters. 

6. What's your favorite movie and why? 
I'm not sure I've ever had one, which is probably not normal. I love animated movies. Specifically Despicable Me, Tangled, and Megamind. I also love Mary Poppins.
 
7. What's your favorite book and why? 
To Kill a Mockingbird. It's hard to voice why. It just resonated with me and I connected with the story in a way that I usually don't. When I first read it, I particularly identified with the character Jem. Since then, it's always been that one book. It means something to me.

8. A guilty pleasure: 
I'm not sure I have any pleasures that I actually feel guilty about. I eat dessert for breakfast whenever possible. But I don't have any guilt or regrets about it. Absolutely none. No regrets concerning chocolate either. Just so you know.


9. If you could be one person, living or dead, for a day, who would it be? 
Tough question. Since I can, I'll say Alice Roosevelt (Theodore Roosevelt's daughter). She seemed to have an incredible zest for life, and I suspect she had a blast everywhere she went. Look her up. She was easily the best First Daughter ever. (Also, who wouldn't want to try that hairdo for a day?)
 
10. Something insanely cool that the rest of the world needs to know about? 
The blog Humans of New York. Utterly satisfies my people-watching soul.
 
11. Something that makes you really, really mad?
Anyone who tells another person that God hates them.


Okay. I'm going to tag Cait, Lacey, Kristin, Emily, and Jordan. Feel free to ignore or comply as you wish. The questions I will ask you are as follows . . .

1. What's your comfort food?
2. Any pet peeves related to blogging?
3. Favorite youtubers?
4. What book are you currently reading?
5. Favorite tumblr blog?
6. What movie do you find yourself quoting incessantly?
7. Beverage of choice?
8. Favorite book you've read this year?
9. Current favorite television shows?
10. Favorite blog post you've written?
11. Favorite ice cream flavor?

6 comments:

  1. Eloise! Among my favourite books ever, it's made me long to live at the Plaza...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your questions sound like a lot of fun! I just may end up doing this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. A tag! This looks deliciously fun.

    That Humans of New York is a very interest blog. I just popped on. I particularly like the people who said: "What's the meaning of life? Wearing chicken suits." Intriguing. But I don't mean to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely doing this when I get home!:) Love your questions, Lydia! Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you accepted my tag! "Anyone who tells another person that God hates them" is one of the top things that makes me mad, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for tagging me! :D

    ReplyDelete