6/06/2013

Pickles & Apricots

     I've got a cold, so I'm lying in bed with an entire roll of toilet paper, eating baby pickles and apricots. I was also reading until just now. I haven't done much else since school let out. Subtract the snotty nose and the pickles and my day hasn't been any different from those of the past few weeks. At the moment I'm reading Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott, but just a short time ago it was Austenland and Heist Society. Next I might read The Young Unicorns by Madeleine L'Engle. Or it might be back to Ally Carter with the fifth Gallagher Girls book. (I'm reading the series after persistent encouragement from my friend Jordan.) And . . . after my mom's finished it, I intend to read The Midwife by Jennifer Worth, which is the memoir that inspired Call the Midwife, our current "girl show". Can I just take a moment to tell you that I adore Chummy? I adore Chummy. And I want a blue dress with a little red cardigan. 

     When I have large amounts of free time, I tend to waste several weeks of it lying in bed and doing whatever I please. That usually looks like the torrential paragraph above. In my defense, there are far too many books! And sometimes I can't overcome my desire to read them all at once. Regardless, I actually do grow tired of reading. And contrary to popular familial belief, I have inherited a certain amount of doing-ness. That's not a word. But it's supposed to mean that I get depressed if I stop doing things. I'm about to reach that point, so I must make a project list. I must be productive! And I also must visit the kittens. I just heard Ben say that they are learning to hiss. Adorable. They are their mother's children.

Ta-ta!

7 comments:

  1. love this post. hope you feel much better soon!
    - Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, these colds! We should make a partition against them! :) I'm just getting over mine... of course, things conspire against me. I got sick and my computer crashed the day before I was supposed to post on TBC. But I revive! And you must, too, being sick is the biggest pain ever. Gallagher Girls 5 is the best of the lot.

    I love pickles and apricots. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always having doing-ness issues. I lie around a read, but it half drives me nuts...because I need to be doing. This really conflicts with my I-plan-to-read-every-book-ever (okay, not really, but just a lot of them). AHHH. The trials. Doing-ness should be a word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to read the 5th Gallagher Girls book! It's amazing!
    I like to be lazy, but then I have to do something really productive the next day to make up for it. I haven't had lazy day for about two weeks and I won't have another until after vacation. Vacation is on the 16, but we dont get back until that Thursday. So, I've been very productive lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sick too :( Hope you'll feel better soon—restfulness is great during this time!

    I know how you feel about the never ending books to read. I have a hard time balancing writing (which is a sort of "doing") and reading, especially since they both involve words. A little structure is probably a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always read too many books at one time and end up taking forever to finish them because I'm trying to balance it out! I love Chummy, but I feel obliged to love every single thing Miranda Hart does! Hope your cold is better soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect web site for anyone who wishes
    to find out about this topic. You realize a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you
    (not that I personally would want to…HaHa). You definitely put
    a brand new spin on a subject that has been written about for ages.
    Excellent stuff, just excellent!

    my web site mouse click the next internet page

    ReplyDelete