6/11/2013

I Respond to Anonymous the Spammer

        Out of kindness towards my readers, I've turned the word verification off again. Consequently, the spammers are back in full force. One spammer actually. Anonymous! Now, I only know of three ways to deal with spam comments, and I shall proceed to list them here.

#1: Gnash my teeth and scream. Not healthy. Teeth gnashing gives me a headache. Screaming disconcerts my family.
#2: Calmly take measures against the spammers. Turn on word verification (I won't) or calmly delete all spam comments (I probably will)
#3: Reply in a deadly serious/humorous manner. I learned this from my own father, who once wrote a lengthy e-mail reply to a spammer. It involved a butler and a refrigerator and had the entire household doubled over in stitches. Imagine our glee when the spammer replied with a "Haha! That's hilarious."

I suppose you know where this is going. Please ignore the irrelevant banana leaves at the top of this post.

I Respond to Anonymous the Spammer

Anonymous's comment on my post Pickles & Apricots
A motivating discussion is worth comment. I believe that you should publish more on this topic, it may not be a taboo subject but generally people do not discuss these topics. To the next! Cheers!! Feel free to visit my website: web based email marketing

So glad I motivated you to comment. I will certainly publish more on this topic, because you are correct in assuming that pickles and apricots (while not taboo) are much-neglected. Thank you for your encouragement. Feel free to visit my website: web based apricot consumers

Anonymous's second comment on my post Pickles & Apricots
This is the perfect web site for anyone who wishes
to find out about this topic. You realize a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you
(not that I personally would want to…HaHa). You definitely put
a brand new spin on a subject that has been written about for ages.
Excellent stuff, just excellent!

my web site mouse click the next internet page

Pfft! You underestimate me. This is the perfect web site for anyone who wishes to find out about any topic. You may find it a whole lot almost tough to argue with me, but I do not find it a whole lot almost tough to argue with you. (And I personally want to . . . HaHa) You definitely put a brand new spin on spam commenting that has been done for ages. Flattery, HaHa! Sadly, I'm even better at flattering myself than you are. Hilarious stuff, just hilarious! 

my web site mouse click the last internet page.  

Anonymous comments on Quote of the Week at The Book Chewers
Even though this is the standard model type situation rather well complete which has steel reduction razors that happens to be of having a impressive health-related great quality, this has got impassible managing highly ,Five revs a minute managing core (my train's motor includes life time full money back guarantee) Most of the appearance chute the place shoppers provide some of the vegetables and fruit is large plenty pertaining to whatever you fancy to say back to host and along with a remarkable box around the being pulp. On the, despite the fact that cleaner is very much working, important any blend pattern button in the software usually total stand still understand it. Where to shop the entire Breville Water Top level -worth the money ?.

my web blog; pioneer dj equipment 
 


However not really weight loss, impressive efficiency. Gain much when you see it and say whatever the software performs.
In other words . . . are we speaking English or just stringing together dubious spam-like phrases? Methinks the latter.

my web blog: www.thebookchewers.com

22 comments:

  1. This is great!!! Spam commenters drive me nuts, and I shall have to do this to some of their comments. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go right ahead! It would be hilarious to see other people do it too.

      Delete
  2. Bahhaha!! Spammers. Love 'em. NOT. Man, I feel like I spend half my time spamming anonymous comments. I've turned on comment-moderation for posts older then 2 weeks, which helps a little.
    I like your web blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's a great idea. You'll have to tell me how to do that.
      I like your web blog too!

      Delete
  3. Oh my. This was HILARIOUS, and so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Lydia!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, this is such a good attitude! you know, you can turn off anonymous comments? it helps, like a lot :)
    - Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for no word verification!! :D Like Jianine said, it REALLY really helps to turn off anonymous comments. Unless you have someone that only can use that, but... My advice:P
    Oh and my dad does the same thing to spammers, it releases so much stress and is so hilarious:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BAHHH! :) There's some great spam there. I mean, who even clicks those links to make the spammers think it's worth it? Also, this post made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome, Lydia! I used to have so much trouble with spammers, but then I stopped allowing anonymous commenters, and they have disappeared. I feel bad for taking away the option to comment anonymously, the lack of spammers is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This? Is like...the best thing ever. XDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  10. So awesome! I've never had spammer comments before, but I'm sure it's entertaining if you use your wit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! That's awesome! I should try that sometime. xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just like the helpful information you provide to your
    articles. I'll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I'm reasonably certain I'll be informed a lot of new stuff right right here! Good luck for the next!

    Here is my web blog :: http://Akleinhout.Ruhosting.nl/wikka/Wikka-current-20101016-r1726/LydiadwLawsonlm

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's hilarious!
    BTW, I'm your 100th follower!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOT! Double high-five! :)

      Delete
  14. Ack, hate those comments! But, they are funny sometimes. And I love the way you handled it. honestly, I'm dying to read your dad's comment about the butler and the refrigerator now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are hilarious! Hahaha well done

    http://myperpetualperplexities.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an excellent way to deal with spammers!

    Also, I've nominated you for the Shine On award :)

    http://awfullyfondofwords.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/thrilling-times.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love replying in a very ernest manner to irritating things, especially while nodding my head knowledgeably...
    Also, we nominated you for a Leibster Award :)
    http://theirfancies.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/leibster-award-wherin-i-happily-prattle.html

    ReplyDelete