1. There's something about limiting yourself and working within boundaries that is very freeing. If you search the internet for blogging advice, you'll find myriads of people who will tell you to stick to one topic. Pick food, books, lifestyle, or crafts. Don't mix them, just do one. I've always spurned that advice, as have most of my blogging friends. And I still don't think it's a rule that must be followed. But it's a valid point that should be considered. The funny thing is, it can be less of a burden to work within a topic than it is to do it all.
2. I'm outgrowing this space. I have different ideas and goals. I know what I want out of blogging and I didn't know when I first started blogging. The name, the design, the previous posts . . . they're still me, and they definitely were me. But I'm constantly evolving, and I might have evolved beyond this blog.
3. I'm ready for a fresh space. Starting something new that is thrilling. Re-organizing your work space inspires.
4. It's time for me to leave blogspot. Blogspot makes it easy to blog and form connections, which is great if you just want to blog and have fun doing it. But blogspot has been hard for me to deal with lately, and I'm ready for a new platform. I'm ready for something more professional that will allow me to connect with a wider range of writers, bloggers, and artists.
5. Collaborating is fun. Book blogging with Cait and Mime has been a fantastic experience. I love brainstorming and discussing. I love to hear what people think. I love combining our strengths and experiences. And I like what comes out of that.
I'm actually not going to leave. I'll stay a little longer. I don't know how much longer, but I'll be here. And I'll be showing up more regularly, starting today. (Which is my first real day of summer. Eeeeee!)
Here's the thing though. I'm done with blogspot, but I don't have the resources to move on to the next thing. A free wordpress blog isn't going to cut it, so I might as well stay here until I can move on. Make sense? I'll be collecting ideas for a new blog, but I won't leave you just yet. I'll try to squash my desire for a new space with a new design.
Oh . . . and one last thing. This is the internet, so you can follow me wherever I go. Creepy? Reassuring? Yeah, maybe.