1. Name your top 5 favorite YA authors
2. What's the last YA book you read and what did you think about it?
Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys. It's about a prostitute's daughter who works in a bookstore and wants to leave New Orleans and go to college. It's well-written with good characters and a unique concept, but it wasn't really a favorite.
3. What's your favorite YA genre?
Oh goodness! Hard to say, but it might be historical fiction. (Code Name Verity, The Book Thief, Between Shades of Grey, and Jerry Spinelli's Milkweed) But I'm not sure on that. Genres have never been my strong point. I read a little from each.
4. Let's talk characters! Pick a character you love and tell us why.
Queenie from Code Name Verity. She has spunk. She's a masterful storyteller, liar, and truth-teller. She has natural flair, coupled with an outrageous sense of humor. On the surface she's careless, outgoing, and unpredictable. Underneath, she's strong, brave, honest, and loyal.
5. Top YA villain?
The Dread Pirate Roberts from The Princess Bride!
6. Top YA couple?
Ron and Hermione, perhaps. Also Stargirl and Leo.
7. With dystopian on the decline, what do you think will be the next hot trend in YA?
Maybe the John Green wannabes will take over? I don't know. Personally I'm rooting for Mystery or Historical Fiction. Or anything humorous. Please no more Paranormal Romance. That's just annoying.
8. What's the next YA on your to-be-read pile?
Well, I just requested The Boy Who Dared from the library, and I'm intending to read Heist Society some time soon. I'm also frantically looking forward to Rose Under Fire, which is supposed to be a companion book to Code Name Verity.
9. What's the fastest time you've ever finished reading a book in? (And what was the book?!)
Impossible. Can't answer this. I've been speeding through books for most of my life.
10. (And now for the burning question) Do you think books should be sorted according to color or title. (This matters.)
It does matter! I've pondered this question often. Personally, my bookcase is sorted according to author because I like to find exactly what I'm looking for when I'm looking for it. But I'm always tempted to sort them by color, and I probably shall next time I rearrange or move rooms.