3/19/2013

Happy Things, No. 2

A huge, scrumptious stack of library books
English breakfast tea for . . . breakfast
Chocolate cream cheese swirl cookies
Parents celebrating the day she's been married to him for half of her life
The smells and sounds of spring beginning
Piper's grin when she knows I'm proud of her
The colorful dresses in my closet, waiting for warm weather
The thought of going barefoot soon
Jason's insane giggle when all four of us watch movies together
Seeing a tiny version of Piper while we were walking . . . baby german shepherd!
The memory of Piper's huge puppy ears and crazy long tail
Small blue record player (Waiting to get a new needle in the mail)
Plans for summer break 
Collecting vintage magazines for my wall collage
Big, colorful earrings
Conversations with you. Your comments make me smile.
05 Benedictus Simon & Garfunkel Wednesday Morning, 3 AM [Expanded] Rock 64kbps by Simon & Garfunkel on Grooveshark

5 comments:

  1. Chocolate cream cheese swirl cookies? You're sharing right? I totally need one of these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Things is the perfect name for this post.
    When I think of something happy? It's warm. Anything. Sunshine, summer, flip-flops, and warmth. It is so darn cold here for so darn long I really cannot stand it.
    I love the macro on that picture. There's nothing more soothing and relaxing then a hot cuppa tea. <3
    You're dog sounds adorable. And so does your record player. (I LOVE RECORD PLAYERS. The technology of them? is way more amazing than any CD player ever. gah. I just love em.)
    I've kind of fallen off the face of the blogging planet for a while; and haven't really been reading or writing anything on blogger. But how are you doing Lydia? I miss all my blogging dudes. :)
    I hope you have the most awesome day ever!

    Blessings,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI MEL! Good to see you re-appear. I am doing fantastic =)
      Ah yes. She is adorable. And I am so excited about my record player :]

      Delete
  3. Toby has massive giggles during movies too and it's starting to catch on to Josh. I do love belly laughs from little boys, it makes kids movies so much more enjoyable :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Things That Make Me Happy posts. They always put a little singing bird in my chest and let the fresh air into my lungs and brush a smile onto my face. Thank you for the lovely lift. (:

    ReplyDelete