2/04/2013

World's Most Scrumptious Brownies

     Firstly, I must say that I am not a fan of football. Goodness, I hardly know what a quarterback is! Come to think of it, I don't. The only football term I know is Touchdown! It's that bad. (Sports have never been my thing.) Secondly, I must say that I am a huge fan of food. That's why I define the Super Bowl as: "Finger Food Time!" Yep, I'm all about the food.
     The boys watched the Super Bowl this year with Dad and Uncle David. Mom, Aunt Carolyn, and I opted out and watched Downton Abbey instead. However, we did participate in the food part of the event. This year we had boneless hot wings, deviled eggs, chips and guacamole, and brownies. Amazing brownies. They're chewy, gooey, chocolatey, and every other thing that is marvelous. We've had the recipe for years, and I'm sharing it with you as a sort of gift, because I think you're amazing too. Well . . . actually it's because brownies make a good blog post. But that's the same thing, eh?

Ingredients
1 brownie mix
1 bag miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 tbsp butter

Prepare brownie mix, bake in 9x13 pan. When the brownies are done, remove them from the oven and spread the bag of miniature marshmallows over the top. Return to oven until the marshmallows melt. Keep a close watch! This step can go wrong really fast. When the marshmallows have melted properly, remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool completely.
When the brownies are cool, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a saucepan. Heat and stir until everything is melted together. Remove from heat, and stir in the Rice Krispies. Pour/spread mixture evenly over marshmallows. Refrigerate until set.
Final step, take a bite and melt into a gooey puddle.

P.S. I recently realized that I missed my blog's birthday in January. It's been three years. How crazy is that? I declare the brownies a celebration!
P.P.S. I am very impatient to share photos of my new craft space, but I can't until I get my poster in the mail. Hopefully some time this week!

20 comments:

  1. 3yrs? crazy! i don't get into foot ball *at all*. and those brownies are my favorite. when you come down next {or i go to your place} we've got to make them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! You're killing me. Those look GOOD. I don't know what a quaterback is either. But I know what a football is! (I get points, right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree; Super Bowl Sunday is all about the food. I had mini red velvet cupcakes last night, but your brownies look even better! Happy Belated Blog Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, that looks amazing! and happy blog birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, these brownies with Downton Abbey? Sounds like the best day ever!! Happy Blogiversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look very delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That brownie looks amazing. Happy Blog Birthday! Thanks for visiting my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! I like football, but that is ok. :D
    Those brownies look amazing!!!!!!! Yum. And happy birthday, For My Own Satisfaction. My Unicorn Has Wings' 1st birthday will be in March! Crazy thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM those look amazing. I've been dyyyyyyying for brownies lately... I may just have to make them.

    I know, I do NOT get sports either. My sister explained football to me a little more this weekend, but I'm sure I'll forget what it all means in the next year lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. yes please show us the craft space!!! Can't wait to see it and get ideas for when I can set mine up :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohmygoodness those brownies look soo delicious! I didn't watch the super bowl either. I played cards and made fried oreos with my friends instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhhh, Freaking YUM! :D
    I don't like sports either. I'm completely clueless when it comes to football. lol.
    Happy birthday to your bloggy. ^_^
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {P.S. I tagged you in my latest post, if you're interested. :) <3}

      http://rinskiijoy.blogspot.com/2013/02/tags-questions-pictures-and-like.html

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness gracious, those look incredible. I want some right now, haha! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Football? I got lost when I found out you don't usually kick it. ;) Those brownies are torture. How dare you post a photo. That's just... mean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't really get American football, haha... Happy birthday to your blog, Lydia! Oh, those look really amazing. I ought to try making some of that soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmmm. Those brownies look delicious!! I am not a big fan of football either. I referred to the teams by their colors haha.

    You have such a cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhh, duuude, those brownies look ahmazing.
    After having had the flu for like 41584651 days, and not being able to have any food, I'm seriously craving these now.
    Downton Abbey over football any day.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those brownies look delicioussss!!

    I nominated you for a blog award, if you're interested!! http://spaceshiptoinfinity.blogspot.com/2013/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Arielle // Spaceship to Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is sooooo yummy! i love to bake, so will definitely try this out;)
    Jules from www.myladybakes.com

    ReplyDelete