1/21/2013

Monday Morning

     The house is pretty quiet, probably because the boys are at the airport working on a project. I'm just putzing around the house . . . thinking about books and authors, making a half-hearted attempt to tidy up, and listening to music. The wood floor is a bit chilly, but there's lots of sun shining through the windows. It's a peaceful morning, and I'm enjoying my day off.
     It doesn't look as though my schoolwork will keep me busy this semester, so I've got to write up a reading/project plan to occupy my time. I belong to a family that doesn't allow people to turn into couch potatoes or watch television every day, which I'm grateful for. It's a healthy way to live. But it does means that you have to put a certain amount of effort into occupying and entertaining yourself. That's healthy too ;)
     I discovered over the weekend that netflix has one of my favorite shows again. It's an older show, All Creatures Great and Small, and it's put me in the mood to re-read the books. I need to re-visit most of my L.M. Montgomery books as well, and there's so many others that I need to read again . . . Anne Frank, The Great Gatsby, Eight Cousins, Chaim Potok's books, I Capture the Castle, The Hobbit . . . and then there's thousands of books that I need to read for the first time. Books = Happiness.
     I have some thoughts too, about this blog and about things I ought to write about. Then there are projects I should do and habits I should form. It's still the beginning of the year and the beginning of the semester. It's a good time to think about that sort of thing.

7 comments:

  1. New projects? Sounds exciting! :)
    Our family has always been the "entertain yourself or wash windows" type, so I've always concocted things for myself to do. Which suits me fine, because I love to get up and go! I really do love your photos. Just the angles, the light...nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Books = Happiness" <- Totally! =D
    ebooks or digital books just aren't the same either.
    ahh yes, it's always good to keep ideas simmering in the background; although I think my school Will keep me busy this semester...

    `Jenny

    P.s. I liked your 'about' page very much; I have a goal of growing my hair that long this year, liked what you said about Unconditional love (coudln't agree more) and was amused by your discription of your brothers and pets. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yepyep. Books are a common topic around here :]
      Haha, thanks! Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  3. Definitely agree with Cait about the washing the windows thing. Holidays. "Mum, I'm bored!" "Go wash the windows/tidy your desk/clean your room." All dreaded tasks. :)

    Oh, there's some books I should revisit, too. Nothing quite like reading a good old favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make me want to read more. I love bookish blogs. The problem with them is that they require being on the computer instead of reading a book. Lol.

    And yeah, when I wrote in my post that I blog for my own satisfaction, I totally thought of your blog and figured that's why you named it that. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you're family doesn't allow you to become a couch potato! It's really hard to get up when you're just lying there and not doing anything productive.
    I agree! Books do equal happiness. And yes, there are new habits to be formed every year. Haha.
    Really love reading your blog, Lydia. :-D

    ReplyDelete