1/16/2013

A New Rhythm

     I'm sitting at the dining room table, and the view through the windows is beautiful . . . all pink and blue streaks behind dark, branchy silhouettes.
     I've spent this first half of the week working out my new schedule, carving out time for chores, and trying to slide into a general sort of rhythm. My classes aren't difficult this semester . . . not academically anyhow. Drawing will be hard for me, because I don't have any experience. But I suppose I'll get some.
     My speech teacher is named Dr. Tigerlily, and she has amazing black curly hair that she wears on top of her head. I like her. I have a forty minute break between Drawing and Speech, and Sarah and I already have a corner where we eat our lunch. Sometimes we see Sam, but it's always briefly. He has an extremely short break and he's always rushing from one side of the building to another.

     My new bedroom is a disaster. I'm not very good at finding new places for old things, and I still have boxes to unpack. It's been especially hard since I don't have a table or desk. I'm hoping something shows up soon. If it doesn't, I'll have to buy some sort of plastic folding table. 
     Mom took Ben and me to the library today. I still have a big stack of books that I got through the inter-library loan, but you know. :) What does that matter? I checked out a few Sherlock Holmes stories on CD, and I'm planning to listen to them while I organize.

     There's a wonderful smell coming from the kitchen, and Sam's playing the piano rather loudly. It's completely dark now, and everything is pretty cozy. I'm going to spend my evening reading and organizing. How are you spending yours?

12 comments:

  1. I'm spending it eating chocolate cake, hopefully going to watch Return to Cranford, clean my bedroom and sleep haha. xx | Natalia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, chocolate cake sounds like a good idea :)

      Delete
  2. Enjoying the fact that the internet will last for more than 5min :D and writing, and i expect I shall bake cookies, make dads lunch, listen to loud music and continue reading Tale Of Two Cities. Oh! And catch up on Doctor Who!! :D That photo is loverly, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got off playing the piano rather loudly (I'm surprised people don't throw socks at me). Sounds like studies are being interesting and promising. Tigerlily is an awesome name. Very cool. And the picture is awesome! I'll probably spend my evening annoying Mime and falling in love with my 2 new papermate pens. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this fear that when we move my room will be a war zone for months and months and months. It's cool that we found each others blogs when we did cause you are just coming out of moving and I am just going into it, so I can see what it's like on the other side, haha.

    Sounds like an enchanting evening :) My evening was spent writing a blog post and watching TV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate to tell you, but if you're anything like me, it will be! :-/ Lol!

      Delete
  5. My evening is full of catching up on blogs, watching Doctor Who, and drinking coffee. ^_^

    Life sounds crazy. <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cleaning while listening to Sherlock Holmes stories sounds fantastic!! I've been doing that except I'm listening to BBC Sherlock while cleaning like a maniac.

    Tonight will probably be editing photographs while reading at the same time hahha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You too? How neat, my dad has been reading the Sherlock Holmes and my sister has been listening to the BBC versions! =D
    Sunsets like, all streaked and glowing, I can never get tired of capturing them with camera!
    I'll be making friendship bracelets this evening; they're sort of addicting and eveyone loves 'em, so why not? =)

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your room becomes cozier and more easy to navigate. And I always check out way too many things at the library than I probably should.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a cosy evening in. Good luck with organising everything and settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this picture<3 have fun organizing! i do it like all the time haha,
    -jules:)
    www.myladybakes.com

    ReplyDelete