12/31/2012

What I Read in 2012

my favorite Christmas present
Top Favorite Books
My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
The Princess Bride by William Goldman
My Friend Flicka by Mary O'Hara
The Outsdiers by S.E. Hinton
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Favorite Nonfiction Books
The Great LIFE Photographers by Life Magazine and Gordon Parks
The Quest for Anastasia by John Klier and Helen Mingay
Tower Stories: An Oral History of 9/11 by Damon DiMarco
Agatha Christie and the Eleven Missing Days by Jared Cade
Evolving in Monkey Town by Rachel Held Evans 

Books I Read Again
The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster
Dancing Shoes by Noel Streatfeild
Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Kilmeny of the Orchard by L.M. Montgomery
The Outcasts of 19 Schuyler Place by E.L. Konigsburg
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Jane of Lantern Hill by L.M. Montgomery
Seven Daughters and Seven Sons by Barbara Cohen 

Most-Read Authors
Agatha Christie
Madeleine L'Engle
C.S. Lewis
L.M. Montgomery
Jerry Spinelli
Gerald Durrell

What books did you absolutely love this year? Spill it! I want to know!
Click HERE to see all the books that I read this year.
(New Years post coming tomorrow, blog people.)
Happy 2013! 

14 comments:

  1. I loved the Perks of Being a Wallflower, and I didn't really read much else besides school books.:( I love the Narnia books and the outsiders.:) Have a happy new year Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! :)

      Delete
  2. i LOVED reading Sea Wolf and Divergent/Insurgent, plus The Importance of Being Earnest and Frankenstein. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Well, I can't eat muffins in an agitated manner. The butter would probably get on my cuffs. One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them."

      LOL. Oscar Wilde is so very quotable.

      Delete
  3. I loveeee The Book Thief! Stargirl is a good one as well. I also really liked The Hunger Games series and The Kite Runner. I recommend them if you haven't already read them! Books are the best♥
    Kristin @ Serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, maybe I'll have to read The Kite Runner.
      I completely agree. Books are the best. But then, you probably knew that I agreed ;)

      Delete
  4. Loved The Outsiders (though can't remember if I reread that one this year, or just the sequel...it's been a long year). My favourite book of this year...? Hm. Probably Unwind by Neal Shusterman, and favourite reread was probably The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. :)

    Happy Almost New Year!! We're already in 2013. Looks like a nice year coming riiiight up... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, a sequel? Didn't know there was one. I'll have to find it.

      Delete
    2. It's not as good as the first though (called "That was Then, this is Now"). Second book blues, you know? I still love her work!

      Delete
  5. some of these books are really familiar! definitely going to try out the classics :) i loved reading the divergent series and re-reading harry potter, haha. happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year I finished up the last of the HP books! My brother and I both loved them.

      Delete
  6. Oh! I love your favorite books of 2012!! So much. All of them are good, The Book Thief, The Help, and I love Oscar Wilde to death.

    I encourage you to read Zusak's I am The Messenger (life changing) and Pictures of Dorian Gray by Wilde (eerie).

    My favorite books of 2012 were The Great Gatsby, The Fault in Our Stars, and On the Jellicoe Road (amazing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those books are on my to-read list!
      I love F. Scott Fitzgerald <3

      Delete
  7. Wow... I feel like such a loser after seeing how many books you read! I reeeeeally want to read more this year!

    ReplyDelete