12/28/2012

Christmas Isn't Over

     Hello blog people! December is almost gone and I am feeling sad because I only wrote four posts this month. The truth is, my family has been sick for three weeks, so blogging hasn't been high on my priorities. And that's okay, because I had nothing interesting to write. For the last few weeks I have . . .

Laid in bed.
Blown my nose.
Eaten lots of chocolate.
Watched lots of television.
Survived the end of the world.
Had a fever. And an upset stomach. And a headache.
Completed driving school, and . . .
Neglected my dog.
Thrilling, no? 

     It's funny to listen to everyone talk about Christmas being over. My Christmas is nowhere near over, because most of our celebrations were delayed due to sickness. We spent the last three days at Grandma and Grandpa Morris's house. We had a fantastic time, (in case you're asking), but it was only half of our traditional Christmas. Our time at Grandma W's farm was cancelled because my family was sick. Normally that wouldn't be an issue, but my uncle is getting married on January 5th and it was very important that we kept our horrid three-week bug to ourselves. Sooo . . . we're having Christmas at Grandma W's on January 3rd, (and we still haven't had our small Christmas celebration for our family). Christmas has just begun!
     I'm ready to write again and blog again, but I don't think I'll be able to blog like I want to until after the wedding. Maybe I'll be able to squeeze in some "end of the year" type posts though. I hope all of you had a Very Merry Christmas. I'm so very excited for 2013!

12 comments:

  1. haha, Ben is so awkward and cute.
    i'm sorry y'all have been so sick, i'm *so* thankful i haven't caught anything yet, its pretty amazing seeing as everyone at church has and most of my family were probably contagious while they were here last weekend!
    anyway, have a great time at your Grandma W.'s :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delayed christmas? Sounds exciting! Last year we had our "offical" xmas celebrations on boxing day, so various family members could get there on time. This year, it was just us. Annnnd, we've already packed up the tree. But hay! Can't wait to read this upcoming posts...love your blog (you probably didn't know that, eh). xD Okay, my nephew just sneezed waffle crumbs all over my computer. hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had to remind me since I barely posted this month? ;P

      Delete
    2. Xave's talented, since he can sneeze waffle crumbs.

      Merry Christmas for later, then! Looks like you're really doing the twelve-days-of-Christmas thing. Hope all the sickness clears up! :)

      Delete
    3. Mm. I am mean. But what's life without a well-meaning-poke (or shove?) now and then.

      And, as for YOU mime, thank you very much, but he didn't sneeze waffle all over YOUR computer. I'm still removing soggy crumbs.

      Delete
  3. oh gee! I'm sorry you've been so sick. :P That's not fun at all.
    I hope you have the best delayed Christmas ever! <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Christmas had an odd rhythm, too. Happy Belated/Early Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you! Glad to have you following =)

      Delete
  5. Being sick is no fun. I hope you're feeling better and that you have a merry Christmas! Weddings are always fun as well. I'm looking forward to more of your posts! I've missed them.
    Kristin @ Serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are feeling better! It's no fun being sick, especially when your family catches it and it goes around and around... ugh! Last year my sister and I had the flu on Christmas, yuck.

    Have a fun Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been sick a lot lately as well, but that didn't stop my family from celebrating! It's nice to hear from you again, and that you're feeling a bit better. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year & God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your family is all feeling good now! Happy new year and merry Christmas! Have fun in the next week with the wedding and the rest of Christmas.:D

    ReplyDelete