11/21/2012

Thanksgiving Begins

     It was foggy this morning. Warm and foggy. We're spending Thanksgiving with our family. David left his car at our house and we all drove up together. My grandparents from both sides have always lived close to each other, so we get to see all of them. We'll spend tomorrow at Grandma W's house and the next day at Grandma and Grandpa Morris's. It's going to be gorgeous.
     Holidays are funny. I can't remember the exact details of last Thanksgiving, I just remember Thanksgiving. Each holiday blends with every other holiday and details blur. It's all tradition and familiar people and sounds and smells and tastes . . . in short, perfectly wonderful.
       Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I hope you have a splendid holiday. Laugh a lot and eat good food. I expect that's exactly what I shall be doing.

6 comments:

  1. Have fun! :) {PS I mentioned you in my blog post.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how thanksgivings and Christmases do that..blur up into one ginormous, wonderful memory. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great!!!! love love love.
    happy thanksgiving!

    and by the way, got any cute contemporary YA books to suggest? would mean lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving too! Even though...well, really...we don't technically celebrate thanksgiving being Australian. But! There is a small American percentage living in our house and they are cooking a turkey and some interesting side dishes. So we too are celebrating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! You've been awarded: http://emma-leeinreallife.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    hugs,
    Emma-lee

    ReplyDelete