11/26/2012

Thanksgiving 2012

      I had a splendid Thanksgiving. We spent Thursday with my mom's side of the family and Friday with my dad's side. I guess we kind of split the rest of the time between the two families.
At the Wildermuth house we snacked on apple and pumpkin pie all weekend.
My mom's cousin Mike and Great-Grandma Wilson spent Thursday with us.
Sam and I stayed up late and played cards with Aunt Shayna and the two grandmas.
I ate potato chips and cottage cheese with my leftover turkey sandwich.
Uncle Paul and his fiance Carrie talked about wedding plans.
The dogs dashed around the farm like wild creatures.
We walked on the gravel roads with Shayna, then we abandoned the paths and just scrambled up the hill.
We battled with two different ovens in an attempt to cook the turkey and the pies simultaneously.
Grandma's puppy dog Fritz chewed up her boots.
We played cards and chinese checkers.
Aunt Joy and Uncle Tim taught us how to play telephone pictionary.
We stayed up late and doubled over laughing at hilarious stories. 
Shayna taught Ben and Jason how to properly watch football.
We lit a fire in the wood oven and spent a cozy afternoon in front of it . . .

At the Morris house we had loud conversations.
Grandma cooked the turkey upside down so that the white meat was super tender.
Uncle Greg ate worcestershire sauce on everything (as usual).
(Great) Uncle Jim and Aunt Fina were there.
Grandma made her famous rolls and Carolyn made the mashed potatoes.
We went on a very short walk . . . it was short because our ears froze.
Quigley went with us and wrapped her leash three times around Carolyn's legs.
We watched the Jackie Chan version of Around the World in 80 days.
Jason rode his unicycle in the basement.
Carolyn made faces at my camera.
Uncle Chuck, Greg, and David were there.
We crammed four people on one little love-seat.
Everything was big, warm, loud, and hilarious.
It was splendid. 

6 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you had a great time! (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! I love family get-togethers. ^_^
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds like you had an awesome time. And twice! That is so cool. I've never had gatherings like that with extended family...just immediate. But what's telephone pictionary?!! I've never heard of it! o.O

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like an awesome weekend! gotta love thanksgiving & family time. great blog, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds great!:) I love the Jackie Chan version!Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a lot of fun! Hey, I'm having a giveaway over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete