11/27/2012

Perhaps

     "Our truest response to the irrationality of the world is to paint or sing or write, for only in such responses do we find truth." -Madeleine L'Engle

     Life rarely happens poetically. But if I look for beauty, perhaps I can make beautiful things. If I take risks and love people, perhaps I won't regret it. If I read books and fill my head with words, perhaps I can live a thousand lives. If I listen to other people, perhaps I will learn something. If I sing, perhaps my heart will be full of music. If I follow God, perhaps life will be astonishing. If I write, perhaps people will read my words. If I do not fear life, perhaps something wonderful will happen. If my heart is open, perhaps I will learn compassion. If I ask questions, perhaps I will find answers. Perhaps I won't, but perhaps I will grow anyway.

Listening / Awake My Soul - Mumford & Sons
Reading / The 100 Year-Old-Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared

12 comments:

  1. I love this! Like, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love. The words and the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a fire place?! NOT fair. ;)
    <3 these words are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nope. I wish! It's a picture I took over the weekend at Grandma's house :)

      Delete
  4. All your blog posts are always beautiful and interesting. Thought-provoking. I just wanted to let you know that I love how I can always find something cool and deep at your blog.
    There's nothing like reading/writing by the fire. <3
    God bless.
    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that quote. Really hit a chord, especially the "irrationality of the world". I write, but the world still looks irrational to me. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Madeleine L'Engle is always so smart.

      Delete
  6. What an amazing and inspiring blog you have!! I am officially your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fireplace!!!!!! That is so lovely!(: Wish we had winter in Singapore/Australia during Christmas, it seems to complete the mood ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really like this. simple, and true.

    ReplyDelete