11/05/2012

November, November . . .

     I always think of November as a very dreary and grey month. Most of the leaves are gone, and everything is bare and chilly and wet. It's never been one of my favorite months.
     This November is just like any November (today is quite grey), but I think it's going to be a good month for me. Everything is finally starting to fall into place. Sam and I filled out our college applications for next semester, and we're going to driving school in a couple of weeks. Uncle David comes over on Sundays and eats lunch and supper with us. The fence is finally up, and the dogs are content. The house is still a work in progress, but it's slowly getting better. In a week or two, once the plaster-work is finished in my bedroom, I'll be able to paint it and make curtains for it and turn it into my happy space.

     We have a church now, and I'm glad. It's a very large church . . . on the small-ish side of mega, actually. It's quite different from a lot of the churches that we've attended in the past. But it's where we're at, and I think it's where we're supposed to be. The youth group is simply huge. Sam loves it, but it kind of scares me. Yesterday night was the first time that I actually enjoyed myself. I'm not an extreme introvert, but I am in new situations. It takes me a while to warm up. I have to have some time to figure out what's going on, and I have to be comfortable before I can loosen up and interact with people without freaking out. Sometimes it seems like I'm the only person who feels that way, but I know I'm not.

     That's the way it is with everything, I guess. You have to warm up to the situation, and you have to wait patiently for everything to fall in place. I knew that, of course, but I'm glad that everything is coming together now. Ugh, it feels like I've been living in transition for years! But it's really only been a few months (since July I guess). I'm so very ready to settle in and build a new life. Now if only I could get rid of that plaguey library probation!

Currently listening to: Weave Me The Sunshine
Weave Me The Sunshine by Peter, Paul & Mary on Grooveshark

5 comments:

  1. Aww, sounds awesome! Getting everything *just right* and into place...a really satisfying feeling, eh? I feel for you with the youth group! Used to take me a while to warm up too...say, three years? You'll find your niche. Don't worry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad things are coming together for you :) Life is more enjoyable that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know exactly how you feel (about the new situations thing) and am glad that everything's alright now. and that song is just lovely! xx
    -Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lydia,

    thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting (which in turn led me to your lovely blog). I've read through your most recent posts and from what I've gathered so far, it seems as if you have recently moved? My little family has recently re-located as well and it's been a bit challenging trying to put myself out there too, since I'm so very very shy initially. Best of luck to you. I hope you meet some new people in your area soon :)

    ReplyDelete