11/02/2012

Canon T3i and NaNoWriMo

     Hello readers. I have two large-ish announcements to make. First Announcement: I bought my first DSLR. Yepyep. It's a Canon T3i. I like it. This is isn't the best photo, though. I was kind of aiming the camera randomly and making faces at the mirror. (Don't make fun of me for holding it wrong. I'll figure it out eventually.) I suppose I'll be spending a lot of quality time with the user manual, in hopes that some photography wisdom will rub off on me.

     Okay, Second Announcement: Yesterday I decided to participate in NaNoWriMo. (National Novel Writing Month) It was definitely a last minute decision. Trust me to commit on November 1st, haha! It's the first time that I've tried it, so I'm not completely sure what I've got myself into. I didn't even know that it was this month until I read about it on one of the blogs I follow. Mom saw me looking at the link and told me that I should do it. I hadn't even remotely considered it, so at first I was like, "Nope." But then I started thinking, "November . . . I'm not in school . . . no classes until January . . . I'm certainly not busy . . . I'm slightly bored and depressed, actually . . . Hmm." So I signed up, and I'm doing it. I'm hoping it will give me some vague sort of purpose in life ;) I have 1, 976 words, so that's a decent start.

     As far as life in general goes, I'm helping my brother build a fence in the backyard. It's very dull and monotonous. We've had a few arguments and a couple funny conversations. I think we can finish it today. But I need to get off of here first. I'll talk to you soon! I have some blog posts planned and my brain is whirling with ideas for NaNoWriMo. (But don't ask me what I'm writing. That's the worst/hardest sort of thing to explain.)

16 comments:

  1. Good luck + nice camera!

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that camera is quite pretty:)
    good luck on that writing thingymajig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the camera, and good luck with NaNoWriMo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I'd love to get a DSLR soon...

    Good luck on NaNoWriMo! I'd also love to do that some time. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ooh, you should try NaNo next year. Orrr this year. It's only the second day! ;)

      Delete
  5. So you've turned to the Canon side too, eh? Looks nice.
    Nice to know I've got a NaNoWriMo pal, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AH! congrats girl! that's the camera I am planning on getting! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yay! As soon as you get your camera we'll be same-camera buddies :):):) Exciting!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the camera. Mine bacame my new best friend, hehe.:) Good luck with NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on getting a DSLR!! I really want one but it's not really in my budget right now. I was debating so hard about whether to do NaNoWriMo this year, but I decided just to do it unofficially this year and see how things go before committing.
    Kristin @ Serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, nice camera! Photo love all round!

    Ah, I seriously considered NaNo, but alas, it was not for me this year... Maybe next. Too many books staring me in the face right now as it is. But best wishes and hopefully sometime you can fill us all in on what it's about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're doing NaNo? Do we get sneak peaks, perhaps snippets? Maybe a blurb? :) This is exciting! I wanted to do it, but I have exams this month, so I thought... next year. Next year is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, camera looks amazing. Face behind the camera, equally awesome. Fence, another great, nothing like an awesome fence. And...NaNo! YAY!! You're writing a book!! Yippee! Have fun writing your book and also rubbing the user manual of the new T3i (like a gene lamp, right? I'm sure it'll work!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. good luck on nanowrimo! i absolutely love your writings. and congrats on the camera, it's lovely x - Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your DSLR!! :)
    Oooh I also want to participate in NaNoWRiMo this year! Hehe good luck!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a t3i too and love it! Also, good luck on the novel. It sounds like a fun if challenging endeavor. I would love to participate sometime.

    ReplyDelete