10/12/2012

Sun Art

     Today I found this little packet of sun-art paper that my aunt sent me for my birthday, way back in June. So I opened it and spent the better part of the afternoon sandwiching leaves between paper and acrylic and trekking back and forth from the kitchen to the concrete pad in the backyard.
     To make a print, you place a sheet of sun-art paper on a piece of cardboard (blue side up) and then you put a flat object on top of that with a sheet of acrylic to hold it in place. You leave it in the sun until it turns light blue or white, and then you rinse it with water and lay it out to dry. Oddly enough, the paper starts out blue on one side. Then it turns white, except for the area under the object; but when you rinse it, the blue turns white and the white turns blue. Odd, huh?
      I know the fall leaves are pretty typical, but I like how they turned out. I still have about ten more sheets, so I'm waiting for inspiration to strike.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, how cool! I wonder how that works...

    The leaves may be typical, but they are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks super cool, I will have to be on the lookout for some sun art paper.Those look great.:)

    ReplyDelete