9/12/2012

60 More Until 150

     Life is moseying along. It looks as though we'll be able to move next weekend. It will be good to get out of this seemingly perpetual transition and get down to the actual business of moving in and starting life.
      I've spent the last few days reading and reading and reading some more. I recently finished The Good Earth, Tower Stories, The Quest for Anastasia, and The Jungle Book. In total, I've read ninety books this year. My original goal was one hundred and fifty, but I'm still behind on that. We'll see if I finish. I'm thinking I probably won't, what with moving and the holidays. But then again, I'll have access to a completely new library and that will help things.
     I've noticed lately (with some astonishment) that I can actually enjoy non-fiction now. Of course it helps if it is well-written nonfiction. But it's nice to know that it's not all that bad. I've also read quite a few classics lately, and that's been good too. I think the more you read, the easier it is to read. There's always a place for magic and imagination. Always. But it's good to grow up and read some challenging things too.
     Other than reading, I haven't been up to a whole lot. Sometimes I cook or bake. Yesterday I made soup, rolls and shortbread. I also got out a bleach pen that Sam gave me for my birthday way back in June, and I've done some fun projects with that. I made a t-shirt for me with one of my favorite Oscar Wilde quotes, and then I made t-shirts for the boys. (Haha! I got to practice on their clothing.) I also did a geometric design on one of my bags and I really like the way the bleach came out on it. If I can find some more cheap totes I have a few more quotes and designs I'd like try. Well! Off to play croquet with the boys. Have a lovely Wednesday, everybody.

4 comments:

  1. ah! that tote is awesome. I really want a bleach pen, i can think of a zillion neat things to do with one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gulp, did you just say "it's good to grow up"?! Ah, my peter-pan spirit is dying...

    Nah, I'm just kidding. ;) Sorry. Couldn't resist. Ahem. 60 books is pretty impressive! I've been struggling to actually pin myself down and read a book, and I DO want to tackle some classics. I'm going for HuckleberryFinn (we'll see how that works out) in celebration of band-book-week coming up. :D Oo, and that bleach pen sounds amazing and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Cait. All children grow up except ONE. I'm pretty sure you're not that one. :)

      Bleach pens! I've heard of their magic. Sounds like great fun to bleach cloths and have them turn out nicely. (I've had great experiences with clothes changing colour and becoming accidentally die-dyed looking from bleach in the wash.) And I agree that reading's easier the more you do it. So true. :)

      Delete
  3. I like the bag! Thanks for visiting my blog.:)

    -Victoria Horea

    ReplyDelete