8/12/2012

Waiting For Inspiration

     I feel as if I've lost my blogging voice and it's taking a long time in coming back. I suppose I still have things to say. I know I do. But when I open blogger, I just stare at the white blank and the words don't come.
     Life is complicated right now. Dad starts his new job tomorrow, but we still haven't found a place to live. It's a little bit stressful. I know for sure that we will all be in Illinois by September, but the next two or three weeks are up in the air. I kind of feel like I'm stuck in perpetual transition. This isn't where I'm going to live, so it doesn't feel like I do live here. But I don't live anywhere else. So where do I live?
     Life of late is also intensely boring. And intensely boring does not equal lots of wonderful blog posts. Most of my stuff is packed up, so there's not a lot to do. Books are unusually boring. The internet tries to take up all my time and makes me feel like a loser. So the only thing I can do is make fudgsicles or cookies and draw quotes and triangles in my notebook. Fun. But not really, because it gets old.
     So anyway. I don't really know what my point is. I guess I'm trying to say that I'm not a very good blogger during times of transition. I'm looking forward to having more structure and starting school again. Somehow I'm always most creative when I have structure. I miss blogging every day, and I'm hoping that comes back soon. We'll see when it does.
     In other news, I've started the process of creating a new blog. I've always loved this blog, but I'm really looking forward to a new creative space. I know, I know. It would be most sensible to stick with this blog. But I'm oddly excited about starting over. It makes me happy. So I'm going for it. It should be ready some time in September. Until that happens, I suppose I shall just hang out here and make occasional appearances whenever inspiration strikes :) And I think I shall end this post by saying thank you. To you guys. For being amazing. You're my favorite part about this blog :)
     And now I shall skedaddle. My semester away from school starts tomorrow. I am planning on reading lots of important books. And I'm hoping to learn some photoshop basics and a couple of guitar chords. And maybe I will cook something good to eat ;) And draw some more triangles.

4 comments:

  1. i like this post. mainly cos you wrote it, and that picture is awesome. i hope inspiration strikes sometime soon. i could use some too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new blog sounds like a lot of fun. Really! But I will miss your frequent posts until then...hope the inspiration comes back soooon. Moving really is the worst. And definitely uninspiring.

    Your triangles look nice. Good luck with the guitar chords!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I would definitely miss you post frequently on blogger! But starting over seems like a nice way to open up new beginnings and creative juices flowing. I wish you luck! and thank you to you too x
    - Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, I love that shot of all those colorful pencils. :)

    ReplyDelete