8/15/2012

The Book Stack

     It's been a long time since my last book stack post. I didn't read much during the month of June, because it was crammed full of road trips and events. In July, we were packing boxes and getting ready to sell the house. (It's a terrible idea to check out library books while you're packing up your own books, in case you were wondering.)
     But now it's August. The busyness is over, and we're faced with a whole month of being bored. And so it is time to go to the library again. We aren't going to Memphis anymore, so we're kind of stuck with the local library. And ohhh, ugh. It's one of the saddest libraries I've ever met. (And I've met quite a few.) That being said, I've only visited it two or three times. So there are still a few books that I haven't read yet. That probably won't be the case next week. But yeah. You have to work with whatever you have.

So here it is. My book stack for the next week or two. It better be a good one.

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith
National Velvet - Enid Bagnold
A House of Tailors - Patricia Reilly Giff
The Hollow - Agatha Christie
China Quest - Elizabeth Foreman Lewis
Prophet - Frank E. Peretti
The Great LIFE Photographers - Life Magazine, Gordon Park

4 comments:

  1. I think I need to get my hands on that LIFE photographers book! looks awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I miss Lidja book posts.

    That's a good stack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo I'm interested in the Patricia Reilly Giff one. I really, really like her writing. Tell me if it's good?!! :) Aren't small libraries depressing? When we moved here I basically jumped out of my skin for joy -- the library is two levels!! (okay, so that's a big deal for me after coming from a 1-room-library-town) :D The librarians even know me here. They look surprised if I'm not coming to pick up 6 reserves.
    :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you can read so much at once! It's pretty awesome.
    Libraries can be like that. xD our library is seriously one room. But apparently they got some new books in, which is kind of rare and cool.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete