8/25/2012

Rainy Afternoon

     This morning was a bit of a mad rush, but the house is quiet this afternoon. It's raining outdoors, and it's a little bit chilly inside. Mom and Dad are watching television and drinking hot cocoa and tea in their bedroom. Sam is reading and baking brownies. I'm chopping up old magazines and wasting time on the internet, and Ben is reading to Jason.
     When the brownies come out of the oven, I'm going to top them with melted marshmallows and a marvelous peanut butter/chocolate concoction (at Sam's request). Until then, I have my own cup of cocoa to drink. I've dug my Agatha Christie book out of a cardboard box (three books in one) so I'm headed back upstairs to read about M. Poirot Miss Marple. Perhaps I will chop up more magazines when inspiration strikes ;)

Sound Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel on Grooveshark

4 comments:

  1. Hmm..hot cocoa sounds delish. I wish it had rained here, but we only had tons of clouds and a few sprinkles all day :p
    loverly post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy days are just nature's way of telling us to relax and be at home with the family. Hot cocoa is just absolutely yummy! Wonderful post :) x
    - Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm...I'll have one of those. ;) Cutting up magazines sounds fun. mime and I used to collect magazines!! And cut them up. And glue them in books in specific sections. Awesome fun for some reason. The peanut butter/chocolate concoction sounds YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice kind of a day, even if it wasn't so productive (aside from the delicious sounding brownies!). :)

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete