8/22/2012

Nectarine Pop-tarts

     Everything is extremely quiet lately. The little boys have started school again, and Dad is driving back and forth to his new job. Hopefully we'll get to move in September. But until then, Sam and I are floating around rather uselessly. I'm catching up on my reading, and Sam is starting a couple of projects in the shop. I've also started experimenting with HTML, and I need to start learning Photoshop too. (Anyone know of some good tutorials?) 
     Mom asked me to use up the nectarines that were in the fridge, so today I made homemade pop-tarts again. This time I used this recipe from smitten kitchen, and I made up my own filling. I didn't use any exact measurements, I just chopped up the fruit and threw in some sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. I also sprinkled the finished product with cinnamon and sugar, and I baked the leftover crust scraps for Jason, because he happens to loathe fruit.
     I don't really have plans for the rest of the day, but I ought to get off the computer. I need to clean the kitchen, and then maybe I'll go swimming with the boys or read a book. Any book recommendations?

9 comments:

  1. Mmmm, those look good!

    You should try doing a search on iTunes U, which is a new section of iTunes. Everything is free on iTunes U and I think they have several different options for Photoshop. This one ( http://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/mgd-111-photoshop-i/id456094632 ) looked pretty good, even though it's kind of slow. Anywho, have fun and God bless,

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy looking :)

    Books? Well, my favourite book at the moment is Paper Towns by John Green, so that's good. Also, if you've not read the Sherlock Holmes series (or all of them), they're worth a go, because they're amazing and they take up a lot of time, so you won't be bored. :)

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, yumdiddly-umptioius! Those look quite appetizing. I should try to make them sometime. I just made some Cubed Apple German Cake! (which I just wrote a post about by the way)
    Books?...hmm.....right now I'm reading Little Women. But suggestions.....

    The Wee Free Men (really awesome. don't judge the title)

    Inkheart (one of my most favorite books ever!)

    Anything Shakespeare

    The Series of Unfortunate Events (I know, they're kind of little kid books. But I enjoy them nonetheless.



    P.S Um, for some reason I'm short on remembering good books I've read recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, yummy. Love the colours and angles of the photos too! :) I'm in a "floating/waiting" zone too at the moment. I reckon I'll gobble some new books too. And I will definitely confirm with the above commentor and say that A Series of Unfortunate Events IS brilliant. All ages!! Enjoy your break before life gets hectic again!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was about to say "oh my yes" to the book recommendations, then I remembered that I've mostly been reading books that I got from your house lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yay! I've been wanting to try homemade pop tarts, (since I'm a little bit too in love with the grocery store kind!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious! I love reading books, I could give you an endless list…haha To Kill a Mocking Bird is one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the comments!
    @aquillpen: Oh, weird. I never would have thought to look on itunes.
    @Anna: That's an excellent idea! I should definitely read Sherlock Holmes. I've really been enjoying old mysteries lately . . mostly Agatha Christie =)
    @Kate: Love Inkheart! =)
    @Carolyn: Lol! Enjoying them? I actually should read some of Mom's books, but she packed up all the ones that she didn't lend to you.
    @Victoria Horea: Yes, yes, yes! To Kill a Mockingbird is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look so amazing! And necarines are awesome. :)
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete