8/18/2012

Ding!

     I am monstrously happy. I have a typewriter. Sam found it for me at the Goodwill. It cost five dollars. And it works. And that, dear readers, is why I will always have a good relationship with thrift stores. 
     It's not the typewriter I want. (Yes, I know exactly what model I want. I spent two or three weeks stalking typewriter auctions on ebay.) But, you know . . . five bucks? And it works? I'm pretty happy. Besides, once I've messed with this one to my heart's content, I'm pretty sure I can sell this one on ebay and buy the one I really want. Oh yeah. That's how we roll in this family ;)

P.S. It comes complete with a lovely "ding!" sound. Heeheehee  ^_^

Trashin' the Camp by Disney on Grooveshark 



6 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! How fun! I love typewriters! Wish I had one of my own too. It is very lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Insert envious feelings here*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so neat! And five bucks?! I mean, why argue? (and I personally like the colour...) I don't think I'd survive on a typewriter though. Backspace is my true bestest-friend-ever. We don't get three words without each other. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congrats on the typewriter, Lydia! when I was younger, I was totally obsessed with my grandfather's typewriter and would type all these nonsense words all day, haha! hope you get the model that you want soon :) x
    - Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have wanted a typewriter for the LONGEST time! You are so very lucky my friend. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one at thrift stores. That's incredible that it works too!

    And I agree with Cait on the backspace feature. There's no do overs with a typewriter. However, I'm in love with the "ding" sound! And the appearance of it. Congratulations! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color.
    The model.
    The everything.

    So so brilliant!!!!

    ReplyDelete