7/03/2012

Lethargy

      I feel very lazy and lethargic. It's too hot to go outside, and I have a slight cold anyway. So I'm staying inside and thinking deep thoughts about craft projects and fried mashed potato rings. I'm still tired from lots of early mornings and late nights, so my creativity doesn't seem to be flowing well. But that's okay. Sometimes dreaming about food and craft projects is good enough. Although I don't know. My food board on Pinterest is making me reeeally hungry. 
     I'm going to St. Louis on Thursday to spend several days with my aunt. It should be lots of fun. After that, I'm really not sure what the summer has in store for me. I had kind of hoped for a few lazy days during which I could read lots of books and complete lots of projects. But we'll see. My life has a way of being different from what I expected. For now, I'm content to eat refrigerator pickles and wear my pajamas past lunchtime.

7 comments:

  1. It's just the opposite here! (I'm too cold to go outside...) Boy do I miss summer already. I hope you manage to squeeze in a few of those Lazy days. They are what make summer, eh?!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. bring some books when you come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The irony is cruel when you get a cold in the summer... I keep getting colds because it's winter. Hope you get better soon! Have fun in St. Louis! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erm, yes. Colds in the summer are just plain wrong. In the winter you can curl up in lots of blankets and drink hot tea. In the summer, there's no way of getting cozy :p

      Delete
  4. FRIED mashed potatoes?! Yum. Those MAY be a good thing to eat when you don't feel good. ;-D

    By any chance, may I ask how you got that avocado pit in the jar to actually sprout? Every time I've tried it just rots.

    FEEL BETTA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes. I must admit I've never tried it. But I very much like the idea of fried mashed potatoes :D

      As far as avocado plants go, I don't actually know. That was a project my brothers did. I do know that they tried several different avocado pits, and only one of them turned out well. Also, it's important to be positive about which end is sticking up. But maybe you already knew that.

      And thanks. I hope I will. =)

      Delete
  5. yeah i feel the same way too this week. i don't know why. but it's one of those times where the idea of staying in my pajamas, lounging on the couch, and eating whatever i want sounds really really good.

    ReplyDelete