7/23/2012

Currently Loving . . .

My new/old sandals. Goodwill. Real leather. Three dollars. Happiness all around =)

Old houses. We got to visit a huge one yesterday while we were house-shopping. It was lovely. Way too much work, but so many amazing little details. I want to live in an old house.

Pandora and Grooveshark. They are my constant companions while I pack boxes and paint stairway spindles. (Both jobs are extreeemely tedious.)

Pinterest. I am re-discovering its amazingness. It's the perfect way to unwind after a couple hours of painting.

Blogger friends. You guys are amazing. I'm extremely glad to have "met" you.

Taffy's little kittens. Their eyes are just opening and they are the sweetest little scraps of fluff. Right now they're under Jason's bed, so I can't get any good photos of them. But he has a futon mattress, so we can pull up the corner and take a peep at them.

This song. It's beautiful.
Where I Belong by Building 429 on Grooveshark



Psych. One of the best shows ever. Also an extremely good way to unwind from a long day of packing boxes and painting.

Humans of New York. (To feed my inner people-watching tendencies.) 

Lemonade. Poured into popsicle molds and frozen. Yum. Once Dad finishes tearing the kitchen apart, I want to make fudgsicles. I'm thinking that I'll use this recipe.

What have you been loving lately?

P.S. Painting spindles looks a lot cooler in black-and-white. In real life, it's just extremely boring :p

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving reading this post... :) Really! Not kidding.

    And...I'm also loving pinterest (still). And meeting new bloggers. And playing Pirates of the Caribbean on the piano. And early morning walks in the cold. And hearing my 20 month-old nephew yelling at my from the top of the stairs: "Tate! Tate!" Gosh, that's cute, but we really have to work on my name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cait :)

      Ooh, I would love to hear you play Pirates of the Caribbean. I really like the Piano Guys version =)
      Haha! My brother Ben used to call me Idia when he was little. Which was okay, but sometimes it sounded like idiot! (Which was not okay. Lol.)

      Delete
    2. Yep! I AM playing the PianoGuys version. Phewf, talk about biting off more than you can chew. The guy in the clip on YouTube plays it soo fast! But the real reason I'm learning it is so I can sit on the piano at the end. So. Want. To. Do. That. :]

      Delete
  2. omw. Kittens. I love them to death. ^_^ <3
    Blogger friends? Yes. Love them too.
    and Psych. Best show ever! :D :D <3
    I loved reading this post Lydia!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lydia, Lydia, you are the one I feel worst about not being on blogger at all lately. I've missed so much, and haven't commented in forever. Will you forgive me? I've been horribly neglectful. But I have an excuse at least. Four weeks of strenuous junior lifeguard. Isn't that a good excuse? I hope it's good enough, because it's all I got.

    But anyways, now that I'm past wallowing in my apology, what have you been upto? Did you notice I've started stalking you on Goodreads? I saw you're reading The Austen Series by Madeleine L'Engle (I hope I spelled her name right, I can never spell her name right). Did you like it? I think I liked it, but it's hard to tell. I liked her writing indeed. And I like Madeleine L'Engle's smarts, you can just tell she's smart by reading her books.

    Anyway, you can tell I'm tired by reading my comment. I know, it's so frazzled and hairbrained.

    I'll get to the point.

    Your shoes. Are awesome!

    You. Are awesome.

    I will be back soon.
    Love,
    Rebekah
    P.S. Your writing is awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgive you ;)

      Yeah, I saw you on Goodreads =) I like Madeleine L'Engle most of the time, too. She's a little different and interesting.

      Hope lifeguarding has been treating you well!

      Delete