6/17/2012

Favorite Authors



































Gloria Whelan
J.K. Rowling
Agatha Christie
Cornelia Funke
Elizabeth George Speare
Gerald Durrell
Chaim Potok
James Herriot
Eloise Jarvis McGraw
C.S. Lewis
L. M. Montgomery

These faces belong to just a few of the people I will always speak of fondly and admire greatly. My imagination, my serious questions, my sense of humor, and my love of a good book have always been a part of me. But these people and their books have built on those qualities, and their words and ideas resonate in my imagination.

Here's to good authors! I can't imagine what this world would be like without them. 

Comment below: who are your favorite authors?
See more of my favorite authors here and here.

9 comments:

  1. Hurrah for wonderful authors!! You're right...without them, where would we be?

    Great list, especially C.S. Lewis and Eloise McGraw and Elizabeth Speare (I LOVE the Bronze Bow, so, so love it...) I have too many favourites to list these days. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those would be some of my big favourites, too. (Except I love the Witch of Blackbird Pond more than the Bronze Bow--LOVE that book!)

      Delete
    2. Oh wow. Yes. The Witch of Blackbird Pond. I can't really express how much I loved that book. It was my top favorite book for years and years.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I just love these, I must say, I'm not familiar with all of them but I'll surely check out their works, thank you for sharing this with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, I grew up on agatha Christie and l.m. Montgomery. Blue Castle was my favourite book as a kid :) another great author is Margaret Atwood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that I love Agatha Christi the most.... But I do love L.M. Montgomery's works! Some of my other favorite authors are R.M. Ballantyne and Louisa May Alcott. All of their books are SO pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cute idea for a post. i do not know all the authors on here, nor have a i read books from all of them, but i think i will have to. thanks for this post :)

    xx rae

    stop by and follow if you like,
    http://www.loveforschoolgirl.net/ <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. The moment I saw McGraw and Speare on your list, I knew we had a lot in common. Looking forward to following you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've gone pages back in your blog! And I really need to read more because I don't know all these authors! Anyways, I love love love love this (http://formyownsatisfaction.blogspot.com/2012/05/can-we-disagree-nicely.html) post so much! I agree 100%. Especially the "I'll pray for you" one :-)

    ReplyDelete