5/03/2012

Me & Summer

Constellations by Jack Johnson on Grooveshark
        Summer. It's so close. And I can't help making a list in my head of all the marvelous things that this summer is going to consist of.
     I want to read every day. I want to clear my desk and sharpen a huge jar of pencils and write a thousand letters. I want to go to the library and check out a million books and stack them up to the ceiling. I want to write in a notebook with a pencil every single day. I want to go wading in a creek and swimming in a river. I want to be creative. I don't want to depend on the computer to make me feel creative. I want a huge canvas to paint on. I want to see a storm roll in, and feel the rush of the wind, and hear lightning and see thunder. I want to dance in the sprinkler and I want to have a water fight. I want to go barefoot and I want to jump on the trampoline. I want to learn to play the guitar. I want to take a road-trip. I want to catch fireflies. I want to look at the stars. I want to spend a week at Grandma's. I want to work on everything wholeheartedly. I want to be with my family every day and I want to love like crazy. I want to be the person that I need to be for myself, and I want to be the person that I need to be for others. In a nutshell those are my goals and expectations for the summer. <3

P.S. While we're at it, I think it's safe to say that I'd also like a porch swing and an orange popsicle. Maybe even an orange hat. 

7 comments:

  1. Oooh! I wanna do all those things. Plus visit you ^_^ I'm actually learning the guitar already:)
    i lovez that pic of you and your brothers! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps, i don't know how i managed to look over Jack at the top! lolz. wonderful song ^_^

      Delete
  2. I love Summer. Can't wait.
    That sounds like a loverly list! I wanna get tons better at guitar this Summer. I've been neglecting it. :P It's so fun. xD
    aawee!!! That picture is too dang cute.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I could do all of those things, too! wonderful list xx

    Jianine
    http://definitelyscreaming.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your list. And I envy you having summer and holidays. Have fun!! Yay for barefeet and jumping on trampolines and orange hats and sharpened pencils! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list! And I LOVE the orange hat and popsicle picture!
    Grandma Morris

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh love this! summer PLEASE come!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete