5/09/2012

Hey Boo.

"Naw, Jem, I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks."
     I love this book. It's a book that makes me think. I first read it when I was twelve or thirteen, I think. In a strange way, it feels like my story. Maybe it's because I was very impressionable when I read it. Maybe it's because I know what it's like to have parents who stand up for the truth. Maybe it just echoes some of the thoughts that go on in my head. For some reason it really clicks with me. To Kill a Mockingbird will always be my favorite thinking book. What's yours?

4 comments:

  1. I agree! It's such a good book for "thinking". I think one of my "thinking books" will always be "The Hunger Games". Also "Milkweed" and "The Giver". (I've plenty more too!) I can't really get those books out of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read that book yet, but I'd sure love to, wonderful post! x

    - Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I really want to read that book; how is it?
    It sounds like it's first person, but I'm not sure.
    But I love the movie <3

    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! I would love it if you did a guest post on my blog! just send me an e-mail at bellaragazzablog(at)gmail(dot)com
    and I will let you know the details!
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete