5/04/2012

The Book Stack

Perelandra - C. S. Lewis
Flowers for Algernon - Daniel Keyes
Mara, Daughter of the Nile - Eloise Jarvis Mcgraw
A Wind in the Door - Madeleine L'Engle
The Short Reign of Pippin IV - John Steinback
Dancing Shoes - Noel Streatfield
Thunderhead - Mary O'Hara
The Pat Hobby Stories - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Penny from Heaven - Jennifer L. Holm
Wonderstruck - Brian Selznick

     We went to Memphis today to make our library trip and do a little thrift store shopping. We haven't been to the library for more than a month O.o
     Unfortunately I left my book-list behind, so I kind of cobbled stuff together and tried to remember my list as well as I could. Mara, Daughter of the Nile is a re-read. Dancing Shoes is from a series that I loved when I was a little girl. Perelandra is the second book in a space/science fiction series by C.S. Lewis. I'm currently reading the first book, Out of the Silent Planet. (more on that soon) I have high expectations for Thunderhead, and I'm hoping that The Short Reign of Pippin IV is as funny as it looks.
     I also got a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird at a thrift store. I was pretty excited about it. To Kill a Mockingbird is definitely one of my very, very favorite books, and I've been wanting a copy for a while. I'm really looking forward to re-reading it soon ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Wonder Struck is so...

    STINKING

    AWESOME.


    Just sayin'. xD There's a part in the end about a museum, and I went to look it up because it was cool. The museum totally sucks compared to the book.

    Plus, I'm a fan of Selznick's drawings in Andrew Clements novels.

    I hope Thunderhead isn't too depressing for you. It's quite poetic and is really amazing in many ways.

    *rant over*

    Have a fun time reading!

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. So LOVE "Mara, Daughter of the Nile". and "To Kill a Mockingbird" is such a good book. Looks like a pretty intense reading stack! have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete