4/03/2012

Books make any day fantastic . . .

     First of all, I would like to say that . . . I GOT YOU! Really good, too. :-) I even fooled my mom. Anyway, for those of you who almost had a heart attack, I apologize for being so ornery. ;)
     Oh, and I have to tell you something really embarrassing. After I wrote my April fool's post, I saw a similar one on a popular blog. And I fell for it. I totally fell for it. Tell me, how can I play a trick on my blog followers and then fall for the same trick three minutes later? Ha. It's a talent, for sure.

     Mom and I spent most of yesterday in Memphis, trying to build up my pathetic summer wardrobe. We also had to go shopping for a swimsuit. Ugh! I hate hate hate shopping for swimsuits. :p All in all, however, we had a fun time. We got to spend some time together, have some conversations, eat sub sandwiches, go to the library, find nice clothes, and buy books. Buying books makes any day fantastic. =)
     And now for my usual book stack post. Isn't it a lovely stack? I've got . . . 
A Zoo in My Luggage - Gerald Durrell
Once - Morris Gleitzman
Dear Enemy - Jean Webster
Life Among the Savages - Shirley Jackson
My Friend Flicka - Mary O'Hara
Pictures of Hollis Woods - Patricia Reilly Giff
The Penderwicks at Point Mouette - Jeanne Birdsall
Dragons in the Water - Madeleine L'Engle
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows - J.K. Rowling

     Gerald Durrell is my favorite lately. He wrote My Family and Other Animals, which is one of the most wonderfully hilarious books I have ever encountered. I love it. =)
     And ooh! I was very excited to find Dear Enemy, the sequel to Daddy-Long-Legs. It looks quite promising. Life Among the Savages also looks very good. Haha! Last night I actually sat on my floor and read the first page of all nine books. Dear Enemy and Life Among the Savages both had excellent opening lines.
     Signing off now! I think I shall go read. =)

P.S. Some exciting things are coming up! But I won't say what they are, because that would be telling. Farewell! (But don't fear, it's not forever. Quite temporarily, in fact.)

6 comments:

  1. Book shopping is the best!
    My sister read My Friend Flicka and she said it was really good so maybe I'll try reading it sometime. I only saw the movie. Baha. xD
    Kewl post!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't books just make you wanna smile goofily (did you know goofily is not a word? Or am I just spelling it wrong). Oh, I must read the sequel to Daddy-Long-Legs. We own the first book but I've never read the sequel.

    I should post some pictures of our guest house sometime. You would love it. It's filled to the brim with books. We probably have a thousand or so... ;)

    I must look up Gerald Durrell now. ;) Oh, and that is beyond hilarious that you fell for that, too. ;)


    Love,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the sequel to Daddy-Long-Legs is going to be better than the original.
      Haha, a thousand books does sound wonderful. Someday I should count our books. It's probably a shocking number.

      Delete
  3. My Friend Flicka is one of my favorites. :-D LOVE. Some people don't like it because it's sad at times, but I think it's quite lovely and the tension made it even more thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know an exciting thing that SHOULD be coming up. Come to St Louis! I have my apartment now, and you can stay with me. I'll take you to used book stores, among other places :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! Is that a bribe? You know it's my parents you have to bribe, don't you? ;)

      Delete