4/29/2012

Currently reading . . .


   After several minutes he [Wart] said, "Is one allowed to speak as a human being, or does the thing about being seen and not heard have to apply?"
     "Everybody can speak."
      "That's good, because I wanted to mention that you have been knitting your beard into the night-cap for three rows now."
     "Well, I'll be . . ."
     "I should think the best thing would be to cut off the end of your beard. Shall I fetch some scissors?"
     "Why didn't you tell me that before?"
     "I wanted to see what would happen."
     "You run a grave risk, my boy," said the magician, "of being turned into a piece of bread, and toasted."
     With this he slowly began to unpick his beard, muttering to himself meanwhile, and taking the greatest precautions not to drop a stitch."


You see how entertaining it can be when the fabled King Arthur is a small boy named Wart, and the magician Merlyn is his tutor?

3 comments:

  1. lol! sounds like a good book to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never actually read this book...looks fun though. I've watched the movie, the disney cartoon (but that hardly counts does it?!?!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I want to read that book. Wouldn't you know, I used to see copies of it at our local thrift stores all the time...and as soon as I wanted to read it, all of them vanished. :P

    ReplyDelete