3/02/2012

Late Night Musings

     It is 10:36. That's actually pretty late, because I've been getting up at 7:00 all week. Let me tell you, getting up at 7:00 is THE stupidest habit ever. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I've been getting up at 6:45 on school days, and Mom and Dad decided to make a bedtime change. All of which adds up to me popping awake at 7:00. It makes me repeatedly mad.
     Anyway, I'm staying up tonight, and waiting for Aunt Carolyn. Tomorrow it's going to be a regular party at our house. Grandma came a few days ago, and today we went to Memphis to pick up Aunt Shayna. Three of my most favoritest people, all in the same house! =)
     Remember how I was complaining about wanting different books? Well I got them. :) Our first stop today was the libraryyyyy. :) I only read three of my books from our last trip (pathetic, I know), but I renewed three more of them. (Harry Potter #6, Nineteen Eighty-Four, The Beautiful and the Damned) Other than that, I got seven new books. And it was an amazing library trip. Maybe I'll do my habitual book stack post later on. ;)
     Ben's birthday is on the 8th, but we're going to celebrate tomorrow while everyone's here. He's going to be ten. Crazy.
     I read The Help, btw. It was really, really good. I should do a review, but I'm not sure I could. We just got the movie from Netflix, so I think we'll watch that sometime soon. I always like to read the book before I watch the movie. Because books are just plain better.
     *Yawn* I'm really kind of tired. But I'm hoping this will result in me sleeping in tomorrow. If I wake up at 7:00 tomorrow, I will probably kill something. *Shakes fist* Maybe only a fly or grass blade, though. I'm not very violent by nature.
      Speaking of which, I almost destroyed my houseplant yesterday. I knocked it out of my windowsill. *Sigh* I'm not very good with plants. I really do like gardens. But I hate gardening. I feel like I should love gardening, but I just plain don't.
     I am not going to use the word "random" in this post. I get so sick of that word. Even if it is very applicable. Wow. I just astounded myself with that word. Who knew "applicable" was in my vocabulary? Okay, okay. Never mind. I will freely admit that I live in a family of big-word-users.
     Look what I found on Pinterest . . . Aren't these amazing? I want a pair.

source
      Have any of you wondered about some of the "cool projects" on Pinterest? Like making your own cheerios? Who wants to make their own cheerios?! Not me! Well okay, maybe I didn't see a "make your own cheerios" pin. That was slight exaggeration. But there's some pretty crazy ones. I'm almost positive I saw a "make your own goldfish crackers" pin. In my opinion, there is a reason cereal and itsy-bitsy crackers are mass-produced. :p
     It's 11:12, and I think it's time for my random ramblings to end. Random Ramblings? No. That is becoming cliche. How about Late Night Musings?

5 comments:

  1. Late Night Musings! I like that. :)
    Have you heard this quote before?

    "Nighttime is really the best time to work. All the ideas are there to be yours because everyone else is asleep."
    ~Catherine O’Hara~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true. I love the night.

      Delete
  2. first, I CAN'T BELIEVE BEN IS GONNA BE 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He should still be 6!!! O___O I bet he's way taller.. :(
    Tell him happy birthday for me <3

    omigosh, those shoes are awesome, i totally agree with you about the word random, and waking up early..well i dont hate it as much as you do. but it can be pretty horrid. This week i have been waking up at 8:00. way early for me. then as soon as i noticed how early i have been waking up, i suddenly started sleeping in again...hm, maybe it was the weather:p
    we've had some outside pajama morning weather around here, if ya know wat i mean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohoh, ps, i love the new header/banner watever u call it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 8th?? That's my birthday too! ^_^ Happy Birthday to him. :)

    Those shoes are so stinkin' kool. xD

    LOL! I know what you mean about waking up early when you want to sleep in. We *always* get up at 6:45 on school days and every Saturday morning I am wide awake at 7. I usually try to go back to sleep but it doesn't always work. yup. I feel your pain there.

    An' I love your header as well!! It is loverly.

    ReplyDelete