3/15/2012

Grapefruit Curd

     Today I experimented with lemon curd. Except it was grapefruit curd. I substituted grapefruit for lemons, and orange peel for lemon peel.
     Curds are pretty much made out of citrus juice, sugar, egg, and butter. You spread it on toast or biscuits. Stuff like that. :) I used a Taste of Home recipe. Basically you mix the ingredients and cook it over a double-boiler for fifteen minutes. I was kind of afraid that it wouldn't work, but I think it turned out okay. 
     Isn't it a lovely color? I'm glad it's not a complete failure. I've never made lemon curd before, and I think I didn't cook it enough. It's kind of runny, but I'm hoping it will still solidify some. Right now you have to sort of spoon it over the toast, and it's supposed to be spreadable. It's also way too sweet. But it's not bad. I think I'll try again sometime, especially if lemons are a good price when we go grocery shopping. ;)

P.S. I might try and cook it some more. Would that work? Hm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment