3/06/2012

The Book Stack



New books . . . 

The Princess Bride - William Goldman
Lord of the Flies - William Golding
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas - John Boyne
Autumn Street - Lois Lowry
Birds, Beasts, and Relatives - Gerald Durrell
The FitzOsbornes in Exile - Michelle Cooper

Renewed books . . .

The Beautiful and the Damned - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling

P.S. Does anyone else think it's weird that the top two author names so completely almost match? William Goldman vs. William Golding. Yeah. Weird coincidence.

6 comments:

  1. shoo, thats alot of books! how many do u read a week?

    btw, love the playlist, So Much For My Sad song had been a fave for a long time, love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, maybe three? I have to admit, I don't usually finish *all* of my library books. ;)

      Delete
  2. Bahaha, I'm so glad you wrote the PostScript, because I was like "What?! The guy who wrote The Lord of the Flies wrote The Princess Bride? NO WAY!!!" Then I was like, "Oh...." Good to have reality kicked back on you sometimes.

    I have to admit I've only read The Book Thief, in your list, though I have seen a lot of the others, and I'm pretty sure we own some in our small but book cluttered house. ;)

    One more thing... I'm sure you must've looked delightfully scholarly walking out of the library with that stack of books. I always delight in looking pompous and scholarly.
    Love,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm sure I didn't FEEL scholarly or dignified. I'm always afraid that I look flustered, absent-minded, and slightly nuts with my huge stack of books, and my backpack and booklists trailing after me. :p

      Delete
  3. lovely stack of books! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and.........HARRY POTTER ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete