1/16/2012

Peppermint and Narnia

      I can feel a cold coming on. My nose is stuffed, my head feels like a brick, and I'm full of sneezes. :-/  I felt okayish earlier today. I cleaned house and made chicken salad and toast for lunch (yummm) and listened to Pandora shuffle. Which means I listened to Tenth Avenue North, Frank Sinatra, John Phillip Sousa, Johnny Cash, Woody Guthrie and the Star Wars track. Our family has very eclectic music tastes, so shuffling the Pandora stations is a little interesting. =)
      It's 4:17 now, and I'm feeling rather miserable. But I hate feeling miserable, so I'm being super nice to myself and trying to be happy. I have one of the armchairs in my bedroom (we're getting ready to do the downstairs floors) so I got myself some cozy blankets, peppermint tea, and oranges.
     I kidnapped The Chronicles of Narnia from Sam's bedroom, and I'm starting out with The Magician's Nephew. After that, I might have to read The Horse and His Boy...
     So anyway, now that I've dropped you a line, I'm going to head back upstairs for more peppermint and Narnia. Hopefully my second cup of tea is done. =) I'm right at the part where The Queen of Charn arrives in London. Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. You know, I've never read those books! And I am really hoping that I dont get a cold, I shouldn't because I've been antibiotics for the strep, but dad, ez and mom all have colds.
    Hope you get to feeling better!

    oh, and the reason I haven't ever read those books is cos I used to listen to them on CD *all* the time! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! At first I was shocked, because you hadn't read the books. But now I feel better about it. ;)

      Delete