12/28/2011

Projects

I have a million and one projects right now, and a million and two ideas. =) These are just a few of them....

1) My blog! I want to learn more about customizing my blog design, and I want to design my own background and header. Which could prove difficult. :-/
I also want to blog more often, and about more things. I particularly want more posts under the “Books” and “Random Thoughts” categories. I’m also semi-considering a “Writing” category, but....eesh. I’m not sure I’m quite as brave as my friend Nonii . =)
 

2) Etsy. I’ve definitely mentioned this before. Right now I need to design a banner for my shop, and build up a decent profile. I now have ten items in my shop, and more coming! My photography skills need a wee bit of work though. :-/

3) Music. I’ve worked on and off with the guitar, but I haven’t gotten very far. Right now I’m kind of stuck on chords, but I’m hoping I’ll have the perseverance to do some practicing. =) Once school starts up again, I’ll be practicing piano (again) too. On top of all of that, I kind of want to learn some new folk songs...

4) Hair and Makeup. Um yeah... neither of those have really been my thing, but I’m trying to pick up just a little bit. My Aunt Shayna gave me a lesson in makeup, and I discovered that I love concealer. I’ve also done some experimenting with my hair, which is a lot harder than it sounds, seeing as my hair is past my waist. So far my best hairdo looked like Princess Leia from Star Wars. Haha. Imagine wearing that to the grocery store.

5) Driving. We bought a minivan, and now I have to learn to drive it. I’m excited to get a permit, but I’m not excited about having to drive a car for the first time ever. Talk about the hugest thing I’ve ever done. :p
  

6) Books. I want to keep reading good books, and I want to read books that stretch me a little. I also want more practice writing book reviews. Book reviews are really boring to write, but in the long run it will be a useful talent. 

7) Quilt. Eeek. I’m starting to get nervous about it.

8) Little Jobs. Mom and Dad are going to pay me a little bit to refinish the piano bench. It’s also likely that I’ll end up painting cabinets and walls. (maybe not so little)

9) Dollhouse. Some of you know that I have always wanted to design and build my own dollhouse. I’m hoping that’s something that will happen once the shop/garage is cleaned out.

10) Cooking. I can make chili and potato soup and french bread, but I’m ready to expand on that. I want to learn how to cook chicken and roast, and I want to make a rainbow cake. Maybe I could even learn to grill. Meat, not rainbow cake. =) I’m also considering the possibility that Sam and I will have to take a lunch to school next semester. It could be an interesting challenge to think of cold lunches (other than sandwiches).

Wow. That was really, really long. I hope I didn’t put you guys to sleep. Look at it this way, though. You may have just wasted a lot of time reading that, but now you know what the next blog posts are about.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for you! Oh, concealer is amazing huh? lol<3
    I need to make a list like yours, you have motivated me to go make one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!! Those are awesome ideas!! :) Good luck on getting your permit and driving!! I know you'll be great! :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will have to let me know what amazing nonsandwich cold lunch ideas you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete