7/11/2011

Introducing the flower loom!

     I'm hooome! =) We had a lovely time in MO, of course, none of which I have pictures of, or am going to write about right now... Suffice it to say it was wonderful. =)
     On the way down, I finally got my flower loom! I've been wanting one of these for quite a while. I have this little flower-clip that I wear in my hair made out of yarn, that my great-grandma made (you can read a post about it here) Anyway, I wanted to figure out how she made it, so I did a search on google, and I discovered flower looms! You can make the flowers out of anything... yarn, raffia, ribbon, etc. And there's endless ways to use them too...
    This is a picture of the loom I bought. It's not exactly what I thought I was going to get... I was more thinking something like this, but this one turned out to be lots better. I love it! (and unlike the price-tag says, I did not pay twenty dollars for it! I'm smarter than that. =) If you go to Hobby Lobby's website, you can usually print off 40% off coupons, so I got it for twelve instead) ;-) 
     Today I made this flower, and turned it into a ring, and I am definitely going to make more flowers very soon!  Especially if I get some more yarn. The possibilities are endless: you could use them on shoes, flip-flops, hats, bags, hair-clips etc. etc. =)
     If you want to see more about flowers and flower looms, try going here to see how you use it, or type "flower loom images" into google to see some cool pics. =) And I will be back! With more about flower looms and my adventurous life... ;D

1 comment:

  1. Wow! that is SOOOO COOL!!!! And the ring you made is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing the info! lol :D

    ReplyDelete