4/16/2011

Good children (that's us!)

Hot-dog tree!
     Well! We have just completed a whole-house cleanup! Everything is swept and scrubbed and picked up, and will look very nice when Mom comes home tomorrow. Aren't we good children? =)  I asked Sam, and he said, no, we're horrid and diabolical, but eventually even he had to admit that we're wonderful. Of course...I'm not promising that everything is spic and span. For instance, Ben confided in hushed whispers that he thinks Mom is going to be shocked when she walks in her bedroom unless Dad is going to clean it up. Not likely. And then... there is my own living quarters. Odd, I've been very industrious and hard-working when it comes to the whole house, but when it comes to my bedroom, I find myself quite unwilling to take it on. Enough talk of housecleaning, though...
     Grandma left after lunch yesterday, which was very sad, but we managed to make it for a couple of hours till Dad came home. We had leftover pizza, and a very, very long science discussion that went from DNA to the digestive system, to various painkillers such as aspirin, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and their various uses and effects on human beings. And when I say very long, I mean Dad practically launched into Biology teacher mode. You'd almost think he missed teaching science to highschool kids, but Nah, airplanes are way cooler, right? It was actually interesting though, and I surprised myself with how much I remembered from Biology last year. Sometimes... well most of the time, I tend to forget that I am actually smart. Lol. Odd, but true.
     Besides that, we watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, and several episodes of Rocky and Bullwinkle. Not as many as today though. I declare, you'd think that we think Rocky and Bullwinkle is the best ever the way we've been watching it, but nothing could be further from the truth. ;-)
     Nothing much else has happened, except we had a hot dog roast for lunch. Mom's coming home tomorrow, so that's something we're all happy about. =) Things somehow are a little more held-together when she's here. =)
      That's all I have to say, so here's some pictures...

 Oh, and P.S. Someone please tell me they like my blog's new makeover. :-)
It was cold today! Like really cold. :-(

Ben sipping orange soda, and waiting for hot dogs. Or maybe he's already eaten his.

Jason demonstrating butt-warming techniques. :-)

Nice fire, huh?

3 comments:

  1. Lydia, I love the new layout! I love your posts more. I think you are hilarious and creative! I have fun reading you blog :) I am trying on to be an annoying aunt who post too many comments though :) ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! =) Don't worry about being annoying, I like comments. =) 'Sides you're the most awesome aunt in the world, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha!!! yep, that is me!! lol!! Enjoy having your mom back. Thanks for sharing her with me. We had tons of fun!!

    ReplyDelete