3/31/2011

Peter and the Starcatchers

     This book is awesome! It's a sort of "prequel" to Peter Pan, and there's at least three other books in the series. Normally I do not like it when an author tries to imitate another person's story, but these guys did an amazing job. I would probably say this story is written for older kids, but even though it has a more complicated plot, etc. it still retains a lot of the magic and adventure that makes Peter Pan... well, Peter Pan! So if you've ever wondered why Peter can fly, and how he ended up on the island, you should definitely read this book. I won't give away the whole plot, but it includes Hook, Smee, Tiger Lily, and several new wonderful characters. No Molly, but there's a girl who sounds remarkably like her. (Except I like her better than Molly.) And I promise you won't go, eww! those guys totally screwed up the story! Because they didn't. In my opinion, they made it better!

P.S. The story continues with two other really good books called: Peter and the Shadow Thieves, and Peter and the Secret of Rundoon. Oh! And! I saw another one at Barnes and Nobles the other day. I don't remember what it was called, but I want to read it... (!)

No comments:

Post a Comment