3/15/2011

Me and my imagination...

This is a blurry picture of me and my hat. I assume my imagination is hiding underneath it. It doesn't like to be photographed...
I can’t help imagining things. It’s just part of the way my brain works. Sometimes I get paranoid about dumb things, just because I have too vivid an imagination. I imagine what I would do if the house caught on fire in the middle of the night. I imagine what it would be like if the elevator got stuck halfway between the two floors. I imagine what would happen if our car broke down at night in the middle of nowhere. And the list goes on. I have a particularly odd imagination in the middle of the night. I hate waking up at night, because I know I will freak myself out with stupid, irrational imaginings.
    Of course I don’t always imagine awful things. I’m really not much of a person to be all morbid and pessimistic. Mostly I only imagine robberies, fires, and floods in the middle of the night, when it’s very dark and everyone else is asleep. My daytime imagination is much more agreeable.
    I imagine what heaven will be like, and most particularly I imagine that there will be amazing new colors, and that we’ll be able to ride down mile-high waterfalls without getting hurt. I imagine that even though you can’t sit in the clouds now, you will definitely be able to in heaven. After all, who doesn’t think the clouds look exactly like something fluffy to sit on while you look down on the world?
    I imagine what it would be like to live in just about every time period and country I can think of. China, Africa, Venice, India, Paris, Mexico, and even California! Lol. In short, I imagine lots and lots of different things!
    I imagine things about my real life too. I imagine myself chewing somebody out (guilty look). I imagine what I will say to someone and what they will say back. I imagine what will happen if so-and-so does such-and-such. I imagine what I will write in a letter to a friend before I ever write it, and I imagine what kind of person I’m going to turn out to be. I could go on and on, but I imagine you are bored of this now, and I also imagine I had better get to work on school! :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment