2/08/2011

A word about homeschoolers

Homeschoolers are weird. I’m allowed to say that because I am one. Of course, I fancy myself less weird than all the rest of them, but I’m not sure how true that is. ;-)
                 Some homeschoolers are weird in a good way. They think outside the box, and have a different view on life than most people, but they aren’t scared of the real world, and they don’t try to make everyone be like them. They try not to creep people out, and they don’t freak out about the way other people are.
                Then of course, there’s the homeschoolers who are weird in a bad way. Trying to describe these ones can give you some trouble, so I will skip over the part about their strange beliefs and appearances, and keep it to the point. When you see this kind of homeschooler, run because they are out to get you and convince you of the evil of your ways. You will never escape them, and even if you do, you will probably be traumatized for the rest of your life.
                How are you supposed to tell the difference? That’s where it becomes a bit of a problem. First impressions are a good clue. If you never know that they’re homeschooled until they tell you, then they are probably okay. If they creep you out from the very beginning, you should probably avoid them at all costs.
                I hope you found this helpful. Maybe I have exaggerated a little, or been overly dramatic. The point is, all homeschoolers are a little weird because they can’t help it, but please be nice to us pleasant ones, because we have to put up with the creepy ones too.

4 comments:

  1. No, you didnt exaggerate at all! in fact, I would have been more dramatic, but u did a great job with it ;) like my fave saying goes:

    All the freaky people make the beauty of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. The ones that are freaky in a good way.=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a funny young lady! I like your sense of humor, and if blogs had a "like" button, I would "like" yours! I home schooled our daughter for 4 years, and me and my sister-in-law would make jokes about our two families being "weird homeschoolers." (the good kind)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like it, Cat :-)

    ReplyDelete