2/10/2011

Some people make me want to be bad.

    Some people make me want to be bad. Most particularly it is legalistic patriarchal homeschoolers who have that effect on me. There’s something about them that just makes me want to do something absolutely wicked and shocking. Of course, seeing as I usually try to avoid doing horribly wicked things, that might not be such a great idea. On the other hand, it wouldn’t have to be something that’s actually wrong. I’ll bet they’d be quite horrified`if I dyed my hair purple or wore jeans to church, and then I could feel that I was a truly wicked person without doing anything wrong. Actually I do wear jeans to church, but thankfully there are no legalistic homeschoolers attending. Unless you count us, and some people might, considering the facts that we don’t have a TV (gasp!), and we homeschool and have four children. Like I’ve mentioned before, some people have evidently never seen four children all in one place. That might be part of why Those People have a negative effect on my morals. It becomes my number one priority to distinguish myself from them, when they’re around. However seeing as I am no longer going to church with people like them, I no longer have sudden impulses to dye my hair purple. And I’m pretty sure that’s a good thing.  

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! Every time I go somewhere where I know there might be "you know who homeschoolers" I wanna wear "evil" skinny jeans and evil "black" clothes, and even dye my hair purple, LOL! But I always have to remind myself to BE myself, and not care what they may think! Even tho "being bad" can be SO much more fun!!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete